As part of our support for primary schools around the School Sport Premium Funding we offer a West of England Primary PE Conference every year. The content is led by the needs of the schools in the area, helping schools to develop their P.E. and School Sport provision. The next Conference will take place on Monday 12th March 2018. Bookings are now open and full workshop information can be seen in the flyer in the Downloads section. There will be a Marketplace on the day providing delegates with the opportunity to find out about new providers and opportunities across the local area.
2018 PE Conference
The 2018 PE Conference was held on Monday 12th March at Shaftesbury Park, the fantastic new home of the Dings Crusaders RFC. 60 PE Co-ordinators and Headteachers came together to hear from various professionals on a range of subjects to help enhance their knowledge around the PE and sport agenda and discover new opportunities to spend their Sports Premium funding on. It also gave them a chance to network with fellow teachers and discuss effective initiatives and common issues.
Below is a list of the workshops delivered on the day:
- Combatting Obesity - Rachel Cooke & Jess Dicken, Bristol City Council
- Active 30:30 - Chris Caws, Youth Sport Trust
- Behaviour Change in Sport & Physical Activity - Fiona Spotswood, UWE
- School case studies - Wesport & Watermore Primary School
- Active Classrooms - Chris Caws, Youth Sport Trust
- Outdoor Adventurous Activities - Jo Ruston / Mark Johnson, Mojo Active
- Mindfulness - Gaye Holmes, iMoves
- ESP Play / Modern Pentathlon - Neil Claxton / Bernie Moss
All presentations for the workshops can be found in the Downloads section on the right.