UKCC Level 1 Award for Assistant Coaches in Badminton
Location: Hengrove Park Leisure centre Bristol.
Day 1 – 24/02/2019 09:30am - 4:30pm
Day 2 – 03/03/2019 09:30am - 4:30pm
Day 3 – 17/03/2019 09:30am - 4:30pm
Cost: Non Badminton England member - £225 Badminton England member - £215
What are the course learning outcomes?
By the end of the - UKCC Level 1 Award for Assistant Coaches in Badminton learners will be able to:
• Understand the role and responsibilities of the coaching assistant
• Understand the principles of hitting technique and provide an accurate demonstration
• Understand the mechanical principles of movement and provide an accurate demonstration
• Understand basic singles and doubles tactics and be able to communicate to their players
• Understand the principles of warm up and cool down and be able to plan and deliver them appropriately related to a coaching scenario
• Understand and apply the basic underpinning knowledge related to the physical demands of badminton and the mechanics of movement
• Understand and apply the main laws of badminton in support of the competitive situation
• Assist with the delivery of badminton coaching sessions
• Assist with the review of badminton coaching sessions
Please note these are an external course and is run by Badminton England.