ASA and Youth Sport Trust Launch the 2012 Young Coaches Academy Programme
The ASA is working with the Youth Sport Trust to develop and mentor 20 young (17-19 yrs) aspiring performance coaches in Aquatics in 2012.
Throughout the academy programme the ASA will support the successfully recruited 20 young performance coaches around the ‘what to coach’ skills and provide them with further mentoring and sport specific development opportunities within their aquatic discipline.
The academy programme will commence in January 2012 and coaches will be supported through to March 2013 with the following development opportunities:
- Attendance at the Youth Sports Trust National Young Coaches Academy on 17-19th February 2012 in Loughborough
- Attendance at ASA Regional Level 1 Talent Camps
- Attached to and agreed attendance at an ASA Beacon Programme
- Assigned a Mentor
- Support towards their ASA Level 2 Coaching Course
- 4 e-Learning Stroke CPDS
Applications are now open and the ASA welcomes all eligible young coaches from across the regions to apply.
Applications can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to ASA Volunteer Officer, ASA, Sportpark, Pavilion 3, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 10th January 2012
Note that applications will be assessed against the selection criteria below and successful coaches will be contacted by Monday 16th January 2012. For any queries on the young coach academy programme, please contact our ASA Volunteer Officer on email@example.com or 01509 640134.
• Aged 17 to 19 years old
• Member of an ASA Club working towards or accredited with swim21
• Have a minimum of a UKCC Level 1 Aquatics qualification
• Experience of actively coaching within a club environment
• Have good communication and organisation skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to inspire young people
• Compassionate and open
• Motivated to pass on their knowledge to others
• Committed to personal development and continued learning
• Evidence of support from Head Coach and mentoring support from the club
• Available to attend the Coaching Academy on 17th-19th February 2012 in Loughborough
• Committed to the programme and club opportunities until March 2013.