Job Vacancy - Sports Development Officer – Wiltshire Council
An opportunity has arisen within Wiltshire Council to recruit to the Sports Development Officer - East post. As the post holder, you will be responsible for delivering the Sports Development service in east Wiltshire, with some additional cross county working.
Reporting to the Senior Sports Development Officer, you will have sound knowledge of community sports development issues and will assist with the development and implementation of the Council's Sports Development Action Plan.
Educated to degree level in a sports related subject, or equivalent, you will be highly motivated, have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, be able to work as part of a team and on your own initiative, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure, ensuring key priorities are met.
You will develop and manage a range of innovative sports development services and projects, which will include:
- Organisation and delivery of community based coaching and sports activity programmes, such as Return to Sport, Sports Stars, Sportivate, alternative sports clubs, disability sports, after-school coaching programmes and rural summer holiday sports schemes
- Provision of club and coach/volunteer development
- Partnership working with National Governing Bodies of Sport and delivery of Whole Sport Plans particularly around adult participation
- Provision of support to the Schools Games Co-ordinator’s and other Olympic Legacy projects
- Publicity and promotion of sports activities
- Advice and information to groups and individuals
You will also have knowledge and experience of setting and managing performance indicators, both qualitative and quantitative. The successful applicant will be responsible for directing the work of sports coaches and tutors employed to deliver aspects of the sports development service. This will include assisting the Senior Sports Development Officer with motivational leadership and performance monitoring.
You will be expected to demonstrate the full range of competencies of a Council Sports Officer in a rapidly changing, performance driven environment.
You must hold a current, valid driving licence and have a vehicle available for work purposes.
Closing Date: Monday, 23rd January, 2012
Interviews to be held on: Friday, 3rd February, 2012
For more information and an informal discussion, contact Louise Cary, Sports and Physical Activity Development Manager at email@example.com or phone 01722 434274. To apply on-line: http://jobs.wiltshire.gov.uk/search-and-apply click the external posts box and then the search button.