Job Vacancy: Sport Development Officer - Everyone Active/Bristol City Council
In response to Sport England’s new youth and community sport strategy, Everyone Active in partnership with Bristol City Council are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic and appropriately skilled sports development officer to drive up sports participation in Everyone Active’s leisure facilities in Bristol.
1 year fixed term contract. 40 hours per week. Salary £18,000.
Your role will be to create and develop programmes to increase sports participation and physical activity levels within the 14-25 year age group.
The project will work closely with Bristol City Council Sport & Health Development, County Sports Partnerships, National Governing Bodies Services and sports clubs to develop sport and physical activity opportunities for 14 – 25 year olds across Bristol.
Do you want to be part of an innovative sports development project during the most exciting era of sport in the UK?
- Do you have a minimum one year’s sports development experience?
- Do you have excellent all round communication skills?
- Do you have a sound knowledge of the national, regional and local sports landscape?
- Can you operate in a dynamic environment?
- Can you work on your own initiative to meet strict deadlines?
- Do you have a personal commitment to equal opportunities?
If you meet the requirements above and are looking to work in fun and positive environment for one of the UK’s largest leisure management companies then we would like to hear from you.
An enhanced criminal record bureaux check is required for this position.
For more information about the position and how to apply please contact Gary Teagle, Assistant Contract Manager by email email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 8th June 2012