Anticipation builds for the first West of England Celebration of Sport Evening!
The inaugural West of England Celebration of Sport Evening takes place this week. The West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) and the event sponsors are full of anticipation for what promises to be a fantastic evening.
The West of England Celebration of Sport Evening will recognise the outstanding athletes, inspirational volunteers, great coaches and high quality clubs and organisations in the West of England. The event will be held at the Bristol Royal Marriott hotel and will be hosted by World, European and Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist Kriss Akabusi.
The main event sponsor is Nuffield Health and Wesport are looking forward to building a long-term relationship to inspire people, empower organisations and create opportunities through sport and physical activity across the West of England.
Wesport would like to thank the following sponsors who have also supported this event through sponsorship of the individual awards and for their support over the past few years with our work.
- Bishop Fleming (Children’s Coach of the Year Award) – Wesport’s auditor, continuing to work with us to maintain robust financial governance.
- Nuffield Health (Overall Event Sponsor and Participation Coach of the Year Award) – a new long-term partner keen to help to deliver a vibrant and active West of England.
- Richmond Event Management (REM) (Young Coach of the Year Award) – Bristol’s premier event management team who have worked to support a host of sporting participation events across the years.
- South Gloucestershire and Stroud College (Performance Coach of the Year Award) – For the never ending support for the work of Wesport and their own significant contribution to sport in the West of England.
- Nemisys (Club of the Year Award) – for their work to provide Wesport with the website and tools to help promote their work and their tireless support nationally to assist many County Sports Partnerships in evolving their work.
- Circadian Trust (Official of the Year Award) – For providing the places for sport across South Gloucestershire and beyond and engaging with Wesport to create more opportunities through sport and physical activity
- SportsAid (Aspiring Young Performer Award) – for their support of Wesport’s very own Springboard athlete support programme and continued commitment to support the athletes of tomorrow, today.
- University of the West of England (Sportivate Award) – for hosting Wesport and supporting our work across the West of England.
- Breakthrough Mentoring (Contribution to Inclusive Sport Award) – for changing the world, one person at a time by supporting individuals to engage in society through sport.
- Team West of England (Contribution to Olympic and Paralympic Legacy Award) – for driving forward initiatives aimed at delivering a true legacy for the West of England.
- Wesport Trustees (Volunteer of the Year Award) - for maintaining an effective governance structure and enthusiastic vision which has enabled the team at Wesport to continue to deliver benefits across the West of England.