Job Vacancy: Sports & Facility Manager - North Somerset Council
Salary: £21,000 per annum plus Performance Related Bonus
Contract: To start October 2012
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
North Somerset Council has committed £2.7m towards a new community sports centre combined with day services provision, for people with learning disabilities, on the Worle Community School site.
The new facilities will combine with existing school provision to form the @ Worle – Community Sports & Adult Day Services Facility, which will be managed by The @Worle Trust, a not-for-profit organisation (NPO).
North Somerset Council are looking for a highly organised person, who has vision, is motivated and is excited about developing and maximising the potential of a new Community Sports Facility, located at Worle Community School.
The centre will also provide day services for adults with learning disabilities.
- Be responsible for managing, promoting and developing sports activity, generating business and producing a comprehensive and balanced programme within the community sports areas.
- Promote the fitness suite ensuring that there is strong use of this area, both trough membership and pay and train activity.
- Be responsible for managing the facilities of all areas that form the @Worle Community Sports & Adult Services centre.
- Create the conditions where the service partners, within the building can carry out their work in a safe, well maintained and constructive environment.
- Manage the sports centre staff and ensure the safety and satisfaction of customers.
- Manage the sports centre and facilities budgets, ensuring that all income and expenditure is properly accounted for.
The successful candidate should have:
- Qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy equivalent to GCSE grade A*-C or level 2 on the National Vocational framework.
- Sports coaching qualification/Leisure Sports Studies qualification or equivalent.
- Experience of running a successful fitness gym.
- Have at least 2 years experience of working in a leisure/sports centre.
- High level of IT skills.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Experience of advertising/publicising events.
All appointments will be subject to a criminal records check, medical check and satisfactory references.
For an informal discussion about the position, please contact North Somerset Council Leisure Services on 01934 427 222.
For an application form please visit www.worle-school.org.uk under Information/Job Vacancies
The closing date is 12.00pm Wednesday 15 August 2012 and the anticipated interview date is 29 August 2012.