Job Vacancy: Project Manager for BANES Cultural Olympiad Community Project
Bath & North East Somerset Council wishes to appoint an experienced Project Manager for a Cultural Olympiad community project across the Bath and North East Somerset area.
The project is managed by the Council’s Tourism Leisure & Culture Division. We aim to use the unique opportunity of the Cultural Olympiad to run an exciting 12-month project that will engage residents right across the district.
The role is for immediate start following appointment (June 2011), for a period of 19 months through to 31 December 2012.
The fee is total £53,635 for 19 months, working full-time.
Job-shares will be considered.
Secondments will be considered.
This is a demanding and challenging role in which the successful applicant can potentially make a real difference to the cultural life of our district.
- have the proven leadership skills needed to head-up a uniquely demanding project
- be an energetic self-starter with the ability to engage and communicate with people at all levels
- have a good understanding of the places and communities of Bath and North East Somerset
- have a real enthusiasm for the values of the Cultural Olympiad and the opportunities which it offers, be able to communicate this to others, and to connect this project to sports agendas
- be confident in working across a range of forms of cultural expression, and with a variety of public and voluntary bodies (libraries, heritage, museums, archives & local/oral history, film/video/photography, creative writing, performing arts, visual arts & crafts, environment & countryside, active leisure & fitness (walking, cycling etc))
- possess excellent project management and administrative skills
- adopt a proactive and positive approach to problem-solving
To receive the project manager brief and further information please email:
Ann Cullis, Manager, Arts Development Team, Bath & North East Somerset Council
We will need a CV, relevant background information, and a supporting letter explaining your interest in the role and summarising your knowledge, experience, and skills in relation to our requirements.
Please note that a CRB check will be required.
The deadline for expressions of interest is: Friday 20 May 2011, 1800hrs
Interviews with shortlisted applicants will take place on Friday 3 June 2011