Job Vacancy: Hotshots Holiday Camps: Activity Leader
The University of the West of England are looking for an Activity Leader to run their Hotshots Holiday Camps.
Workplace: Centre for Sport
Responsible to: UWE Sport Development Team/Operations Team
Days & Hours: Summer Holidays 2011 (Monday to Friday 08:15 – 17:30), 25th July – 26th August (week days only). Please note it is likely we will have a few leaders over the 5 weeks. We have 2 leaders per day depending on number of children attending.
Location: University of West of England, Centre for Sport, Frenchay Campus
Pay: £7.78 ph
Closing Date: Wednesday 1st June
The Centre for Sport at UWE aims to provide a fun and enjoyable holiday experience that will encourage youngsters to develop and build on new and existing skills in a safe environment. As activity leader you are:
- To encourage participation at all levels amongst children through a range of activities that are fun, safe, active and educational.
- Supervise children aged 8 – 13 years
- Activities include: Badminton, basketball, climbing, cricket, football, Frisbee, kickboxing, netball, short tennis, street dance, table tennis, tag rugby, trampolining, rounders, unihoc and volleyball (subject to change)
- As the Centre is an Ofsted registered provider you are to follow the child protection procedure put in place at all times.
Leaders are expected to be:
- Dressed appropriately
- Energetic, enthusiastic and caring
- Role models
The post-holder shares responsibility:
- To comply with all aspects of the Health and Safety Policy
- To work within an equal opportunities framework
- To comply with the Centre for Sport’s child protection policy and complaints policy
For further Information please contact:
Tamara Getter at: Email: email@example.com (title the email ‘Hotshots’) or Telephone: 0117 3286245
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a covering email to the email address above. Please title the email ‘Hotshots’. Closing date is Wednesday 1st June. Interviews to be held w/c June 6th (subject to change).
This role description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.