Job Vacancy: Duty Officer for Centre of Sport, University of the West of England
Department: Centre for Sport
Campus/location: University of the West of England, Frenchay campus
Duration of post: Permanent
Salary band: £19,822 - £22,971
Full time/part time: Full time
Ensure the smooth usage and running of the facilities within the centre and the activity programme through the supervision of Recreation Assistants and of customers using the facilities, ensuring that safe use is observed and Health & Safety regulations and normal operating procedures implemented.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supervise and undertake the efficient and safe setting up, correct use and taking down of equipment and materials for centre bookings according to timetables as set by management in order to enable these activities and courses to operate efficiently.
- Enable and maintain customer awareness of UWE policies and procedures which impact on the use of the Centre while maintaining good customer care practice, in order to ensure that relevant regulations which directly impact on the Health & Safety and well-being of all customers and staff using the centre’s facilities are observed. Monitor, supervise and advise customers to this effect.
- Undertake an approved training programme, develop a working knowledge of all normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plans in order to carry out duties, in such a manner as to prevent serious incidents or injuries from occurring.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the centre, completing relevant documentation and assist in maintaining standards of cleanliness.
- Provide a flexible support and cover for colleagues within the Centre, for example undertaking reception duties when needed to cover breaks, or fitness induction sessions to cover sickness, peak times and holidays
- Administer First Aid or call for further assistance as appropriate in order to ensure incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly with due regard to the safety of fellow employees and customers/ casualties, ensure that accurate records and reports are made and held of such incidents as appropriate.
- Report defects in or damage to the building and equipment, fixtures and fittings or cleanliness of the facility to the Operations Manager. In the case of urgent or emergency situations, carry out such replacements / repairs/cleaning as are within the ability of the member of staff that ensures the safety of the Centre and its customers.
- Comply with and actively promote compliance with UWE Policies and Procedures for instance with respect to health and Safety and Equal Opportunities.
- Provide sickness and holiday cover for other duty officers and act as the duty officer within an agreed framework as appropriate to the grade of the post dealing with issues or referring on as appropriate.
- Oversee and control a major area of responsibility relating to the Centre for Sport in agreement with the operations manager.
For more information about this post please Click Here.
Closing Date: 23rd August 2011
For an informal discussion please contact Helen Worboys on 07919698375 or email: Helen.Worboys@uwe.ac.uk.