Job Vacancy: Regional Coach Development Manager - The FA
Regional Coach Development Manager [5-11] x 3:
West Midlands Region x 1
London Region x 1
South West Region x 1
In 2007 The FA launched The FA Tesco Skills Programme which aims to provide 5-11 year old children with the skill set to develop their game, foster lifelong healthy, active lifestyles and to improve the long-term performance of our national game. The Programme employs 106 coaches who are trained specifically in developing the skill set of 5-11s in 26 counties in England.
The role of the Regional Coach Development Manager is to not only support and develop the coaches within the region, and also the 1000s of teachers, coaches and volunteers who coach 5-11 children but also to enhance and influence the development of teachers & coaches working with 5-11 year old children across the game, contributing to the overall Coach Development Strategy. The role will develop mentoring and support networks, which will enable those coaches working with 5-11 year olds to become more skilled and knowledgeable in this area. In addition to this, the RCDM [5-11] will contribute to the Football Development Departmental strategic direction and overall objectives, through the undertaking of specific project and programme work, providing technical advice and assistance as agreed with the Head of Grassroots Coaching and Director of Football Development
Specific duties for this role will include:
- Manage FA Tesco Skills Regional programme
- In service support and mentoring for the FA Tesco Skills programme
- Support Regional & CFA Football Association Coaches Association and Coach Education programme
- Delivery of FA courses
- Work with relevant Football Development staff to develop and deliver age specific 5-11 Coach Development programmes for teachers and Coaches including FA Courses
- Support and develop Age appropriate tutors
- In service support for Primary School teachers, Football in the Community Coaches, Community Coaches, and any one working with 5-11 age groups
- Ensure that Coaches and players are introduced to the skill development value of Futsal
- Develop in service training to develop best practice in developing 5-11 players for Charter Standard Clubs.
Successful candidates must possess the following:
- UEFA B Coaching License
- FA Licensed Coach Educator
- FA Youth Award Tutor
- Qualifications and/ or experience in a child related profession:
- Child Development / Child Psychology / Social Psychology / Educational Psychology / Primary Education / Growth and Development
- Sensitive to development needs of young players
- Experience of Grassroots Football, Player Development and Coach Education
- Team/Player Coaching experience
- Experience of developing young Player/Coach –related programme
- Modern, progressive approach to coaching and learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of FA Long Term Player Development-4 corner model
The position requires an ability to mix practical delivery with the coordination and management of networks working with a series of key partners. Working from a home base there will be a need to work extensively at weekends and in the evenings.
Due to the requirements of this role, successful applicants will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, along with your current /last salary by either email or post to:
Postal: Sarah Synan
Senior Football Development Administrator
The Football Association Group, Wembley Stadium, PO Box 1966, London, SW1P 9EQ
Closing date for applications to be received is Tuesday 27 September 2011.
Due to the large number of applications we anticipate receiving, if you do not hear from them within the next six weeks, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Football Association Group actively promotes Equal Opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.