Wesport (West of England Sport Trust) are seeking a self-driven coach to support the delivery of an inclusive coaching programme across the Bristol Parks Tennis programme.
The role is self-employed.
The parks at Canford, St George and Eastville Park have received investment from the LTA and Bristol City Council to upgrade the courts and will be managed by Wesport.
Increasing participation in tennis is the primary focus of the programme therefore it is imperative that the coach will be able to adapt their delivery styles to accommodate different audiences. The ability to engage people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds will vital to the success of the programme.
With the coach commencing at the beginning of a new venture on the parks courts, we are seeking an individual who has a passion to support the development of the programme, an entrepreneurial flair to seek new opportunities and the creativity to adapt to different styles of delivery.
We are looking to work with a coach that lives and demonstrates Wesport’s values of Passion, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence.
Bristol Parks Tennis has three sites with a total of 15 newly refurbished courts. The sites are Canford Park (8), St George Park (5) and Eastville Park (2). The courts do not have floodlights but all are an integral part of the local community and we are aiming to deliver a year round programme of activity and outreach.
- To plan, organise and manage a comprehensive tennis programme including the appointment of coaches to deliver the work
- To develop and deliver an annual tennis plan which ensures that a balanced programme of activity is delivered on a year round basis and includes individual, group coaching, holiday courses, pay and play opportunities, open days and squad coaching
- To deliver a community outreach programme and engage with local schools and community groups
- To ensure a coordinated competitive programme exists that encompasses internal and external events as well as formal and recreational competitions
- To appoint, lead and develop a team of tennis coaches who are able to deliver high quality individual and group tennis sessions
- Work with the Wesport team to develop funding applications to engage local audiences.
- Able to demonstrate the Wesport values
- Creative and entrepreneurial with a willingness to sometimes do things differently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to use own initiative and achieve agreed deadlines
- Ability to develop, plan, promote and deliver a wide range of tennis programmes to meet local needs
- The ability to maintain accurate records on all aspects of service and reports as required
- Presence, drive, and enthusiasm and with excellent organisational and communication skills
- An inner drive to work collaboratively within a team and engage with external partnersGood ICT knowledge and experience using CRM systems would be preferable
- LTA Level 3, or above, Accredited+ coach
This is a self-employed role delivering a mutually agreed programme of activity co-ordinated by Wesport.
How to apply
To submit your interest for the role please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability to deliver in a parks community tennis programme.
These should be addressed to Richard Colman and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midday on 25th February 2019
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Richard Colman on 07824 417852.