The Foundation’s Grow the Game Scheme provides grants of up to £1,500 for the creation of new football teams and coaching qualifications, with money provided by The FA. The Scheme is delivered by the Foundation.
The application window is now open and is due to close on Thursday 28 March.
Your organisation must be:
- 'not for profit'
- planning to set up one or more new teams over the next two years
For the 2019 application window your new teams must be one of:
- Female teams – Under-7s to adult
- Disability teams
Your organisation must have:
- a signed constitution (with an appropriate dissolution clause)
- a child protection policy
- an equal opportunities policy
- bank statements and income/expenditure records (for all accounts held by the organisation)
About the grant:
Grow the Game provides funding to contribute towards a combination of the following essential costs associated with providing new football activity:
- Facility hire
- Referees fees
- DBS checks
- Affiliation fees
- League entry
- Promotion and publicity
- FA coaching courses
- Additional courses
- Football kit/equipment through a bespoke voucher
Organisations are able to receive a grant of £1,500 per new team created over two or three years with financial support being reduced in the second or third year of the project.
Clubs will be required to contribute some elements of cost towards to the new teams, however evidence of partnership funding will not be requested.
Kit and Equipment voucher
A £350 Nike Kit and Equipment voucher is available for each new team being created. If required, the voucher can be used against either kit or equipment from our dedicated portal. Please note, this is not in addition to the £1500 grant.
For more information click here