Coach Core is about changing the lives of young people in some of the UK’s most challenging cities through an innovative and engaging sports coaching apprenticeship. By harnessing a number of qualifications, experiences and additional learning opportunities, our goal is to ensure each apprentice goes onto further education or employment and provides greater coaching provision in the communities in which they serve.
Coach Core, created by The Royal Foundation in 2012 as part of the Olympic Legacy, aims to create inspirational sports coaches to deliver sport in the community, and particularly in communities that have traditionally had poor access to high-quality, professional coaching. Born from an ambition to create a more exciting sports coaching apprenticeship that reflects the role and the communities in which they serve, we seek to bring together employer partners from each respective city so that it shapes around their needs.
Coach Core strives to offer an unparalleled programme of learning combining a sports apprenticeship and national governing body qualifications alongside a number of additional cutting-edge coaching modules, employability workshops and access to events and CPD others can’t provide.
Coach Core is delivered in Bristol by a group of partners including The Royal Foundation, Lifetime, Wesport, and local employers.
Coach Core Benefits include;
- Achieving qualifications and vocational training that matches the criteria required by employers within the sports industry.
- Mentoring and experience of working alongside professionals from the industry including Sports Development Officers, experienced sports coaches and personnel from National Governing Bodies.
- Practical experience of working in the industry at sports event, in schools, in clubs and coaching within sports venues.
- The opportunity to attend exciting events and training throughout the apprenticeship.
Coach Core Programme entails;
- A 15-month Community Activator Coach Level 2 Apprenticeship.
- Full Time paid employment with a local Employer.
- Working hours are contracted at 30 hours per week with approximately 1-2 days per week set aside for collective learning and the rest spent with the employers coaching programmes.
- Support of a full time, experienced and relatable tutor, dedicated solely to this project.