The Daily Mile is an incredibly simple yet effective concept to help encourage your pupils to take part in more physical activity by running, jogging or walking up to one mile a day. The aim of the Daily Mile is to improve the physical, emotional and social health and wellbeing of children - regardless of age or ability.
It helps children understand the benefits of physical activity on their bodies and general wellbeing and has been proven to have an almost immediate impact on pupils’ behaviour, concentration and attention levels. Wesport would like to offer every primary aged child across the West of England the opportunity to participate in the Daily Mile.
To help you get started we have created a FREE resource pack which includes:
- Advice to help you set up the Daily Mile
- Activity ideas and challenges to help retain motivation and enthusiasm
- 120 x Certificates of achievement
- 2 x Wall charts for classes to track pupils’ distances/times
- Sample letter to send out to parents