Inspired Facilities Fund
The Inspired Facilities Fund is a funding scheme provided by Sport England through the legacy programme Places, People, Play.
Inspired Facilities is focused on making it easier for local community and volunteer groups to improve and refurbish sports clubs or transform non-sporting venues into modern grassroots sport facilities.
Part of Places People Play, Sport England’s programme to deliver a London 2012 legacy of increased mass participation in sport, Inspired Facilites is investing £50 million of National Lottery funding in up to 1000 community sports projects between 2011 and 2014.
What is Inspired Facilities?
Tired, worn out, old facilities make it harder for people to start or keep doing sport. They can also be more expensive to run and difficult to maintain.
- Show how your project will keep and, ideally, attract more people to sport
- Demonstrate that it is needed and wanted by the local community
- Explain how it will cover its running costs and remain open for sporting use for years to come
In particular, They are looking for projects or organisations across the country that:
- Have not previously received an individual sports Lottery grant worth £10,000 or more
- Offer local opportunities to people who do not currently play sport, or
- Are the only public sports facility in the local communit
The Inspired Facilities Catalogue
Sport England have tried to make applying for an Inspired Facilities grant as straightforward as possible, with no specialist knowledge required.
This is why, although They are not telling you what you need to invest in, They have pulled together a catalogue of typical facility developments and improvements.
This catalogue is based on what sports clubs have told them they need, and the improvements are grouped into five areas:
- Building modernisation
- Outdoor sports lighting
- Outdoor sports surfaces and AdiZones
- Modular buildings
- Sports equipment
- Design fees
- Satisfying planning requirements and building regulations
- Connecting to local services such as water or electricity
- Preparing the site and carrying out the work
- Removal and disposal of building waste
- A small contingency sum and regional variations in prices
VAT has not been included as not all clubs will have to pay this. If you do have to pay it – or are not sure – simply add 20% VAT to your budget to make sure you are asking for enough money.
To apply for funding from the Inspired Facilities Fund please go to http://inspiredfacilities.sportengland.org/