Fundraising & Communications Co-ordinator
Apply on CharityJob here.
We are seeking a skilled and passionate fundraising and comms superstar to help us continue our vital work supporting asylum seekers and refugees in Bristol.
This role is a true one-off and has huge potential. Working with our team to raise funds in our community for some amazing projects and managing our already well-established comms output, the right person in this position can make a huge impact to ABC and will be supported to hit the ground running from the off.
As we head into this post-pandemic world, the experience of displaced people in the UK is more disjointed and worrying than ever. ABC's goal is to enable a better life for all of our community and ensure the most vulnerable receive not just the basic goods for living but as warm a welcome as possible.
Aid Box Community exists for the Relief of Poverty and Financial hardship of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the United Kingdom for the public benefit by providing free and essential living Items. Promoting the integration of Refugees and Asylum Seekers through the signposting of partner services for practical help in Housing, Legal Advice and Medical Help.
Our vision is a world where every refugee and asylum seeker is given the opportunity to start a new life.
Our mission is to uphold the basic rights of refugees and asylum seekers by providing practical aid, support and direction and, by doing so, making their daily lives a little easier.
Our Values: Aid Box Community welcomes displaced people with open arms into the ABC family. Together, we will provide choice, love, hope, advocacy and a space where everyone belongs, and everyone is important.
Aid Box Community currently works with over 600 refugees and asylum seekers living in and around Bristol.
We run a free shop and connections service as well as an active women's group. We have ambitious plans for growth over the next three years and are looking for a brilliant communications and fundraising coordinator to complement our existing team.
Alongside your skill, experience and enthusiasm, you will join the CEO, our Founder / Director of Operations, our volunteer coordinator, our aid coordinator, bookkeeper and grants writer as well as an active trustee team and literally hundreds of volunteers in supporting some of Bristol's most vulnerable members of the community.
This role requires a strong background in charity events fundraising as well as individual giving,The Fundraising and communications coordinator will report to the CEO and work with our grant's fundraiser and bookkeeper. your specific role will include management of our local events, crowdfunding, individual giving and legacy campaigns as well as develop our database of supporters. With the support of volunteers, you will also be working closely with trustees to develop a communications strategy to support our ambitious plans for the years ahead, as well as day to day management of our social media platforms and quarterly newsletters.
- Build on the development and delivery of an ABC events programme both online and in the community; direct and third party. (some evening / weekend work required)
- Develop and increase our supporter base via individual giving, crowdfunding and legacies.
- Monitor and analyse performance of website, using Google Analytics, and social media channels.
- Working to targets & ensuring Aid Box Community’s financial targets for fundraising is met
- Developing and maintaining our supporter's database.
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising reports to CEO & Trustees in time for Trustees meetings
- Contribute to the development of the ABC communication Strategy
- Managing the growth of Aid Box Community’s online presence through social media
- Managing and develop Aid Box Community’s website
- Creation of Quarterly update mailers for Aid Box supporters.
- Development and collation of key impact material to be used by Aid Box, including website content, case studies and other content for use on social media.
- Develop press contacts and seek media publicity.
- Ensuring all communication to donors is timely, professional and accurate
Experience, qualifications and requirements
You will have a strong track record of fundraising for charities, with experience of running events, regular giving, legacy and crowdfunding campaigns.
First class communications and IT skills are required for this role as is a strong working knowledge of maximising social media presence.
You will have experience of:
- working or volunteering with NGOs or charities essential.
- IT and word processing skills essential.
- Experience of organising events essential.
- Experience of marketing and communications essential.
- Excellent written and communication skills essential.
- Experience of working with websites desirable.
- Experience of working with volunteers essential.
Apply on CharityJob here.
At Aid Box Community, we don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it. We know that by having a diverse and welcoming team, we really can help share hope and love to people from all over the world. Aid Box Community is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
this role requires the undertaking of an enhance DBS.