Bristol Parks Tennis
The tennis courts at Canford, Eastville and St George Park are now open.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
PLAYING TENNIS WITH BRISTOL PARKS TENNIS DURING COVID-19
Before playing tennis at Canford, St George or Eastville Park please ensure you have read the information below and read the documents at the links that have been provided.
It is important that these rules are followed to ensure that all players and Wesport staff can remain safe. If this does not occur, then the courts remaining open will be reviewed. Government guidance can change quickly so please ensure you check here before playing.
LTA guidance for players – https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-players---covid-19.pdf
LTA guidance for venues – https://www.lta.org.uk/globalassets/news/2020/lta-guidance-for-tennis-venues---covid-19.pdf
Below is information in addition to that of the LTA rules above that is applicable to Bristol Parks Tennis
- Please arrive 5 mins after your start time and leave 5 mins before the end of your finish time.
- Please wait outside of the court area until your court is empty then proceed through the coded gate. If you need to prompt people to leave the court, please politely do this from outside of the court fencing.
- Please bring with you hand sanitiser or another means to wash your hands, as there will be no cleaning facilities available.
- At St George and Canford Park, court 1 will not be in action – do not play on these courts.
- Spectators should use the park and view the tennis through the fencing – they are not allowed on the courts.
- If you are playing doubles you must all be from the same household, please have proof of this with you.
We will be placing booking restrictions on the courts. These restrictions are a maximum booking length of 2 hours and you can make a maximum of 3 bookings in a 7-day period. You can book courts up to 7 days in advance. As we progress, we will review, as necessary.
Coaching is currently not permitted on the courts in any of the three parks (Eastville, St George and Canford). We are currently working through the process of risk assessing this. If you are an LTA accredited coach wishing to use these facilities then please email Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know what the process is, if we get this approved.
Please remember that we are fortunate to be able to play tennis. Help us to keep this happening by following the rules.
Annual household membership is £35 - this provides access to the courts for anybody living at your address
Pay & Play is £5 per court per hour
Bristol Parks Tennis is managed by the West of England Sport Trust (Wesport) who work in partnership with Bristol City Council.
All income generated from sales will be put towards ensuring that the courts are regularly maintained and kept to a high standard to maximise your playing enjoyment, and to support the achievement of Wesport’s charitable objectives. Wesport are a charity dedicated to providing people from all backgrounds a range of opportunities to enjoy sport and physical activity. We will strive to ensure we help as many people as possible to access tennis across Bristol.