Primary PE & Sport Premium
Wesport has a role to support all primary schools across the West of England in making effective use of the PE & Sports Premium funding. We want to ensure schools are using this funding to create additional and sustainable provision for children to experience high quality PE and a wide range of sports and activities during their time at primary school.
Since 2013 the Government has provided £150m funding per annum directly to primary schools. Sport England, the County Sports Partnership Network, the Youth Sport Trust and the Association for Physical Education (afPE) are collaboratively supporting schools in making the most out of the funding.
Click here to find out more about the funding.
how can Wesport support your school?
We have developed a broad offer of support to enable us to cater for the needs of every school across the four Unitary Authority areas. Most of our services are free to schools to access, with the exception of some training courses, conferences and the PE Mentor Scheme. If you would like to benefit from any of the services listed below please contact Alice Miller on 0117 328 6257 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advice on how to use the funding effectively in line with current funding requirements
- Range of CPD and training opportunities for staff
- PE Mentor Scheme – 2 qualified PE professionals providing 1:1 bespoke support
- Guidance on recommended processes and qualification requirements if working with external coaches
- Support in finding local community sports clubs to establish school-club links
- Advice on how to develop more competitive sport opportunities
- Guidance on developing a Health & Wellbeing offer in your school
Please take a look at the Downloads and Links on the right of this page to support you plan and measure the impact of the Sports Premium.