Wesport’s CEO, Steve Nelson is a skilled and experienced business mentor, with over 20 years of leadership experience working in the sport and charity sector. He has been a Mentor and Coach to colleagues from other Active Partnerships as part of a national Active Partnership network programme.
Steve is an ‘Accredited User’ of Facet5, which can be used to help individuals and teams improve how they work together, build better understanding of their work preferences and what that means to working as a group. Steve has found it to be effective in achieving a number of key outcomes for individuals and teams, including:
- understand yourself as an individual and how you might be perceived by others
- providing line managers with additional information to effectively manage individuals
- helping peers (the team) understand each other better, and therefore work together more effectively
- having a tool and language that helps describe behaviours and applying this to meetings with the team, partners / customers
- understanding different behaviours related to conflict and therefore how to deal with conflict more effectively within the team