The West of England School Games comprises of three large scale multi-sport events across the year (Winter, Spring and Summer) which showcase young people’s sporting talent from across the whole area.
The School Games is a national initiative which motivates young people to participate in competitive school sport. Wesport aims to provide a wide range of sporting opportunities through the West of England School Games, not just for sporty children, but to also encompass leadership and cultural elements to positively impact on as many young people’s lives as possible.
Schools are encouraged to demonstrate the School Games values in order to win the 'Spirit of the Games' awards.
Summer School Games 2019 - "Happy"
How it works?
The School Games is made up of 4 levels:
- Level 1 – Intra-school competition
- Level 2 – Inter-school competition (Local or District organised by School Games Organisers)
- Level 3 – County finals (organised by Wesport)
- Level 4 – National finals (organised by Youth Sport Trust)
School: If you are a teacher and would like your school to take part, please contact your local School Games Organiser:
- B&NES - Dave Burston email@example.com and Beth Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bristol - Leonie Wade (North) email@example.com; Patrick Williams (Central) Patrick.Williams@clf.uk; Cherry Kraus (South) firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Somerset - Shane German NSSPEA@gmail.com
- South Gloucestershire - Wendy O’Donnell (South & East) Wendy.O'Donnell@cset.co.uk; Steve Revett (North & West) email@example.com
Young Person/Parent: If you are a young person or parent who attends a school either in B&NES, Bristol, South Gloucestershire or North Somerset, and would like to hear more, contact your teacher who will have the information which was sent to the school.
Volunteer: If you are a volunteer and would like to help at a Level 3 event, please contact Wesport via
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 328 6250.
Events coming soon...
(20-21 event calendar coming soon)
We will host 5 weeks of challenges after May half term building up to our original L3 multi-event finals day on Tuesday 7th July. On the 7th we will share videos and pictures of all your great results!
Week 5: 29th - 5th July
Tuesday 7th July- Our virtual celebration day!